Adoption Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

July 9th, its a GO!

We won't be leaving this week like we hoped...although very disappointed, we're incredibly grateful to the staff at Lifeline who have worked tirelessly to get us over there as soon as possible....they've moved mountains to expedite this and we will forever be grateful....each day, each hour seems like an eternity right now....they were finally able to secure our U.S. consulate appointment...which means we officially leave July 9th!!! We'll get into Kunming on July 11th and will have her in our arms the next morning. Oh, what a glorious day that will be!!! We spend a week there and then fly to Guanzhou for another week. There, we end the trip with her swearing in ceremony at the U.S. consulate...back home to the states late at night on July 22nd! Sweet Home Alabama :) 

We learned today that she is 17 lbs and 27 inches...small for her age but Troy and I will do our best to fatten her up...suitcase full of formula and baby food already :) We remember how tiny Dyl was when we first got him, within 2 months he was in the 95th percentile for height and weight....that's one thing this family does well....eat :)

Thank you sweet friends who have put up with me these last 2 weeks as we waited for the final word....you didn't sign up for this crazy ride but jumped on w/me as the loving friends you are...

Flights are booked, bags are packed, hairbows and outfits coordinated...just come on July 9th!!!
(I'm lifting weights every day so I can carry her as long as Troy ...lots of walking and sightseeing in China...I can already tell its gonna be an issue about who gets to hold her ...gotta bulk up , come on chicken arms, don't fail me!!!)

7 comments:

Virginia said...

Denise,
I am so glad to hear the wonderful news!! I am adding your blog to my list that I read, so I can keep up with beautiful Annalee! I am keeping y'all in my prayers!!!
Much love,
Virginia

Dawn T. said...

Hi Denise

I've been up to my eyeballs lately and just found the blog. I'm really sorry we missed Dylan's lemonade sale. How sweet! Our friends Amy and Chris will be at the consulate in Guangzhou on July 9, to pick up their sweet girl, Brenna. Can't wait to see all these babies! Congratulations!

Dawb T.

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise! I got your Facebook message. Thank you for the sweet comment about our sweet Eliana! We could not love her any more! We adore this child as she has been such an amazing blessing to us. I would love to help you in any way if you have any questions about China. I can tell you it is soooo hot in Guangzhou. Pack some cool clothes and comfy shoes. You will walk lots and lots!! I am so excited for you! You will love the hot pots in the hotel rooms to heat the water for her bottles. It heats water in less than a minute! Teresa Ward

Marie said...

So incredibly excited for you!!!! I'm praying that all goes well and if bumpy times come you will reach for God and know that he sustains you!!!!

melanie said...

I am overjoyed to hear of these plans! I am so excited and can only imagine how excited you and Troy are. You are cracking me up with the weights. You think of every detail. That's what makes you an amazing mom. I am praying for you guys always and tear up every time I think of all of the blessings that are in store for you and for this precious baby girl! You have been so faithful and your rewards will be plenty!!

Lots of love!
melanie

Mandy Brown said...

This is so exciting! I am praying that you will have a wonderful and safe trip to adopt your sweet angel. It has been a long wait, but you have trusted HIM. And now you will finally be able to hold and kiss her! :)
Mandy

Stu McFadden said...

Denise, so happy and excited to hear this news. May God bless y'all's(did I spell that right?) journey. I have some friends out here that are suppose to be in China to pick up their son this month as well.
Stu ><>